ADVANCED TESTING & DIAGNOSTICS
Advanced Testing & Diagnostics
“You can not fix a problem you don’t understand. Advanced diagnostics if often necessary to get at the root cause. Once the root cause is identified, the solution becomes possible.” ~ Dr. Lisbeth Roy
The right treatment begins with the correct diagnosis, allowing a clinician to treat a patient as safely, effectively, and as quickly as possible. At the Doctors Studio, we believe that early intervention is key, where medicine is preventative, health is optimized and a diagnosis of ‘average’ or ‘okay’ is never acceptable. Whether we are using thermography to offer an excellent & progressive adjunct early screening tool for breast cancer or screening your gut for thousands of different kinds of microbiota simultaneously, we always know how to work out what is causing your dysfunction, symptoms of inflammation, and how to rectify it as quickly as possible.
For us, Restoring a patients’ quality of life remains key to empowering them to return to their maximum physical, mental & emotional potential, so we spot problems early while they are still straightforward to treat. We believe that a program should be unique to the patient, powerful, progressive, & balanced.
The Doctors Studio medical team excels in the creation of exactly this kind of personalized, tailored program, blending a human-centered, supportive, and caring approach with the kind of advanced, cutting-edge testing and scientific interpretation that gets results fast. Adopting a holistic approach, the Doctors Studio doesn’t just manage the disease – it optimizes health in a progressive & scientifically informed way.
Which Tests Do We Offer?
Here at the Doctors Studio, we use cutting-edge, innovative & clinically tested therapies and treatments to diagnose, manage and enhance conditions as diverse as anti-aging, hair loss, and sexual dysfunction. Our progressive suite of next-gen, medically developed tests can deliver comprehensive, sophisticated, and detailed results to you that you are unlikely to ever receive at your physicians’ office.
As any medical professional practitioner will tell you, we can only provide you with the right care if we have performed the right tests, & aggregated the right data, to work out the best treatment plan that meets your unique needs. From the very first moment, the Doctors Studio team offers a comprehensive testing service, using patient data (an extensive medical intake questionnaire, patient interview, and medical examination) to really get to the root cause of what is causing discomfort, pain, or illness.
What Kinds of Tests Do You Offer?
As a progressive, scientifically informed medical practice, the Doctors Studio Advanced Diagnostics suite includes a portfolio of blood, saliva, stool, hair, and urine testing that you might not always typically encounter in the office of your primary care doctor, alongside other more standard, traditional functional testing approaches. Together, these tests allow us to observe specific biomarkers and laboratory test results to achieve a comprehensively informed diagnosis.
BLOOD FLOW AND HEART HEALTH
When it comes to heart health, sometimes the first sign of a heart attack is the heart attack itself. So we put a lot of work into preventative screening to ensure that you are healthy & fit on a cardiovascular level, with no unpleasant surprises on the horizon. We offer a range of heart health & blood flow tests including:
- Tests for endothelial markers, oxidation, inflammation & lipoprotein function;
- CIMT (Carotid Intima-Media Thickness) testing to identify carotid artery wall thickness, potential blockages & plaque;
- Glycocheck (a non-invasive test that evaluates capillary density, capillary blood volume, blood flow, red cell velocity & endothelial glycocalyx);
HORMONES AND METABOLITES
Hormones can make you feel power-packed, energetic, healthy & full of life – or tired, lethargic, and bloated. Just a tiny imbalance and you can experience an avalanche of problems! That is why we have invested in excellent hormone & metabolite tests that really deliver results. For example:
- The DUTCH test. Quick and easy-to-administer, the DUTCH – or Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones – measures a wide range of hormones & metabolites, including cortisol, cortisone, estradiol, estrone, estriol, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA and melatonin, cortisol and cortisone rhythms and levels, and estrogen metabolic pathways.
MEMORY & COGNITIVE FUNCTIONING
It remains extremely important to keep on top of cognitive health. If you notice any changes you need to get tested, as when it comes to cognitive impairment or issues, early treatment can really make all the difference. We offer a range of really progressive testing solutions to gain a really sophisticated view of your cognitive functioning, including:
- eVOX qualitative EEG: Quantitative EEG (qEEG) moves beyond the conventional visual inspection of EEG data to provide a completely objective analysis of brain function, comparing a patients’ results with those of a normative database. As distinct differences in resting state qEEG exist between patients with dementia and age-matched controls, the test can provide a valuable early indicator or cognitive decline, informing future treatment more effectively.
- Brain Gauge: An innovative test that measures the most subtle changes in brain function and probes cortical function to achieve highly specific measurement & detection of any compromised neural function that the patient might exhibit. It enables a clinician to track recovery from traumatic brain injury & concussion, monitor neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, and assists in the management of developmental issues in children (such as ADHD).
- Alzheimer Linx™: A test that identifies patients who are at heightened risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease or other neurological disorders, identifies reactivity to triggers of these disorders, identifies early-stage neurodegeneration and monitors the effectiveness of lifestyle modifications used to treat these conditions.
PROSTATITIS (for men)
Prostate cancer remains a serious issue for many men, and prostate issues can really damage your quality of life. We can help you get to the bottom of prostatic issues swiftly and effectively, restoring quality of life and screening for prostate cancer as an early diagnostic & preventative tool. We find that EPS tests offer an excellent insight into prostate health:
- Expressed Prostatic Secretion (EPS) test, where prostate secretions are collected via a digital rectal examination and the gentle massage of the prostate gland which stimulates the release and movement of prostate fluids and detached epithelial cells into the urethra. The test helps to identify bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites that may contribute to a short-term heightened risk of irritation, inflammation, and other dysfunctions, and even contribute, longer-term, to a heightened risk of cancer.
PENIS AND ERECTION EVALUATION (for men)
A surprisingly high number of men will experience sexual dysfunction over the course of their lives, and we remain one of the leading experts in sexual performance. Amongst our vast suite of penile, erectile & sexual performance tests, therapies & treatments, we favor the PDDU as a fantastic testing tool:
- PENILE DUPLEX DOPPLER ULTRASOUND (PDDU), a form of ultrasound that evaluates the function of the penis, determining the direction and flow of blood in and out of the penis to ascertain the potential presence and nature of any dysfunction that might cause erectile or other penile issues.
AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM (ANS)
Measuring the functioning of your ANS offers us an excellent insight into whole body health, heart rate, your resilience to stress, the physical & mental stress that your body is currently operating under, and the way in which these variables will affect you mentally, physically & emotionally. One of our most powerful tests is the HRV test:
- Heart Rate Variability test (HRV): a non-invasive test that identifies autonomic nervous system (ANS) imbalances by measuring the variation in time between each heartbeat. The healthier your ANS, the more likely the variation between beats will be high. A low HRV is correlated with worsening depression, anxiety, and cardiovascular disease.
Inflammation can come in a vast number of forms, causing a vast number of side effects. It is often the first step in the pathology of what might eventually turn into a very serious disease. We know that spotting inflammation early, subsequently, offers us an excellent first step in monitoring health, early prevention & diagnosis & the optimization of health, wellness, & quality of life. One amazing tool that we use is thermography, a form of thermal imaging that creates infrared images of heat patterns in your body, and which carries immense benefits to female & male patients:
- THERMOGRAPHY uses an infrared camera to detect heat patterns, inflammation, metabolic activity & anomalies in blood flow, identifying thermal asymmetries that can provide an excellent early-identification adjunct screening tool for the diagnosis of breast cancer, arthritis & other degenerative diseases.
Poor nutrition can cause an unbelievable host of illnesses & dysfunction, such as IBS, leaky gut, nutrient malabsorption, poor sleep, thinning hair, bad skin, bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, lethargy, anxiety & depression. We are experts at performing nutrient evaluations and in providing programs and evaluations that will help set you back on the track to amazing health! We love the resonance health scan that gives us a great snapshot of your current nutrition-based health:
- BIORESONANCE HAIR SCAN: A test that uses hair analysis to determine nutrient requirements, including the identification of food intolerances and allergies.
Advance your Health with Advanced Testing Today
Ultimately, we know that Advanced testing provides the key diagnostic and treatment information that we need to reveal the cause of your inflammation, symptoms, illness, or dysfunction. We offer an excellent range of tests, which we can then use to prescribe highly-tailored, progressive, medically informed solutions that will change your life and get you back on your feet again. What it comes down to is this: you should feel GREAT with OPTIMIZED health and if you don’t, we want to help you REACH that goal. You deserve a life packed with energy, wellness & joy, so if you feel that you or someone you love would benefit from improving how you feel, and supercharging every aspect of your life, contact the Doctors Studio today.
You can not fix a problem you don’t understand. Advanced diagnostics is often necessary to get at the root cause. Once the root cause is identified, the solution becomes possible.
Don’t Know Where to Start?
The Studio Team is here to serve you.