HORMONE TESTING FOR MENHormone testing is an important consideration to make when you're faced with changes in mood, libido, body weight, attitude, cognition, memory, and energy.
The Studio Team are seasoned hormone specialists with over 13 years of clinically relevant experience.
Although there is no “wrong” way of testing hormones, the kind of test, what hormones are tested, and when they are tested is where the ART of hormone management comes into play.
Doctors Studio offers several different ways to test hormones, based on need, prior hormone therapy, and other considerations, providing very important insight into the impact that shifting hormone levels may play.
Those who have completed basic hormone tests often find that the underlying cause of their condition is easily managed and can be controlled through hormone therapy.
The main function of the endocrine glands is to secrete hormones directly into the bloodstream.
Hormones are chemical substances that affect the activity of another part of the body (target site). In essence, hormones serve as messengers, controlling and coordinating activities throughout the body.
One size NEVER fits all when it comes to hormone balance, hormone replacement, and monitoring of therapy.
There are many important nuances that must be considered if safe and effective treatment is accomplished.
Below is a list of frequently and most commonly tested hormones.
• Estradiol – men need some estrogen to support brain health and erections
• Progesterone – progesterone actually helps to protect your hair and sleep quality
• Testosterone – your bones, brain, heart, muscles, and the general will to live depends on Testosterone balance
• Cortisol – necessary for survival
• Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) – thyroid hormone plays a role in regulating ALL cellular mechanisms
• Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) – fertility depends on this pituitary hormone
• Luteinizing Hormone (LH) – stimulating the testicles is the primary function plus dictates your ejaculate strength and volume
• DHEA – a master hormone to support Testosterone and general wellbeing
• Pregnenolone – all of your sex hormones are made from this vital element
• Insulin – necessary to drive glucose into the cell where it is used to “run the machine”
• Melatonin – the strongest antioxidant necessary to protect your brain from stress and to facilitate deep restorative sleep
• Vitamin D… YUP – Vitamin D is a hormone! The better question is what DOESN’T Vitamin D do? It interacts with your genes in over 3000 different ways… needed for immune health, mood, metabolism, on and on and on
“DID YOU KNOW THAT every cell of YOUR body has a receptor for vitamin D and thyroid hormone?
This means that every cell of your body needs vitamin D and thyroid. This is HUGE when it comes to hormone balance. YOU MUST look at the whole picture if safe and effective is the goal!”
You can not fix a problem you don’t understand. Advanced diagnostics is often necessary to get at the root cause. Once the root cause is identified, the solution becomes possible.
Don’t Know Where to Start?
The Studio Team is here to serve you.