HORMONE TESTING FOR MEN“DID YOU KNOW THAT every cell of YOUR body has a receptor for vitamin D and thyroid hormone? This means that every cell of your body needs vitamin D and thyroid. This is HUGE when it comes to hormone balance. YOU MUST look at the whole picture if safe and effective is the goal!” – Dr. Lisbeth Roy
The human body is an incredibly finely tuned machine, elegant, sophisticated & mind-blowing in its intricacy.
When we are healthy, happy & in balance, there are no limits to what it can help us to achieve – from great sex to shooting the lights out at work, enjoying an amazing social life, running through forests, or working out at a gym, and basically all of the cool sports, entertainment & fun events that make up your fulfilling, familiar world.
But when our hormonal balance gets pushed out of balance, even minutely, we can experience a whole host of problems, from erectile dysfunction to hair loss, muscle loss, depression, and even memory loss! Life becomes a slog. Interests fade away as you feel tired and demotivated. The world loses its shine.
So, what do you do if it happens to you?
Call us at The Doctors Studio Team and we are ready and waiting to help. With over 13 years of clinically relevant experience, we are seasoned hormone specialists, peak performance experts with a comprehensive, progressive, clinically tested suite of tests, treatments & therapies designed to get to the root of exactly what is causing your hormonal imbalance. Sometimes balancing hormones can be like playing a game of chess. If just one piece is forgotten, the whole game can be lost. Consider us chess experts; we are masters at spotting the hormonal strategies that you need to win, and we can do so a few moves ahead of anyone else.
So…What Causes Hormonal Imbalance?
Hormonal imbalances are surprisingly common in men and can be caused by an overwhelmingly complicated list of factors, including a complex interplay of specific vitamin & mineral balance (or lack of them), andropause (the male menopause), adrenal fatigue, hypo- or hyperthyroidism. We are highly experienced in diagnosing hormonal imbalances & treating them rapidly and effectively, particularly as some can be indicative of some very serious underlying health issues and diseases, so we recommend that you seek out treatment as soon as you can.
Suffering in silence is a waste of the incredible life you could be living; for example, low testosterone, often experienced as a result of the male andropause (an age-related hormonal shift, usually around middle age) can be easily rectified with testosterone therapy, but left unchecked can impact anything from mood swings to anxiety, loss of muscle, increased fat, a loss of libido, a less positive attitude, impaired cognition, a less effective memory, a higher vulnerability to prostate cancer, and way less energy. A hormone test during your lunch hour could easily diagnose low testosterone, and you could literally be walking back to work with a treatment plan which would work rapidly & effectively. Why pass on such an easy win?
What Are Hormones, Anyway?
Hormones are, essentially, chemical substances that affect the activity of another part of the body (e.g., adrenaline is released as part of your ‘fight-or-flight response when you feel threatened, the hormone insulin controls blood sugar levels, and the hormone melatonin signals to us that it is time to sleep). In this sense, hormones serve as messengers, controlling and coordinating a whole host of vital, functional activities throughout the body. Your endocrine glands secrete hormones directly into your bloodstream when they are needed.
Testing Hormonal Levels
Here at the Doctors Studio, we rely on a range of effective, medically developed hormonal tests, where the choice of the test is mediated by the unique needs, utilization of prior hormone therapy & overall medical history of the patient. The tests that we use provide a powerful insight into the impact that shifting hormone levels might wage on your body.
We are an extremely experienced and progressive medical treatment center, and we know that one size NEVER fits all when it comes to hormone balance, hormone replacement, and hormonal therapies. Everything that we do – from the first moment of testing to the eventual optimization of your hormonal profile – is tailored uniquely to, and for, you.
We offer a comprehensive range of hormonal tests, including:
- Estradiol – men need a certain level of estrogen to maintain healthy brain health and erectile function
- Progesterone – progesterone helps us to protect against hair loss and improve sleep quality
- Testosterone – your bones, brain, heart, muscles, and general will to live all DEPEND on this powerhouse of a hormone
- Cortisol – a hormone that is often linked to stress, but which is, in fact, also necessary for survival
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) – a thyroid hormone that plays a role in regulating ALL cellular mechanisms
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) – which men need for fertility
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH) – a hormone that stimulates the testicles, & powerfully influences ejaculatory strength and volume
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) – a master hormone and steroid precursor that supports and strongly influences testosterone production and general feelings of wellbeing
- Pregnenolone – a powerful steroid and vital precursor to sex hormones
- Insulin – a hormone necessary to drive glucose into the cell where it is used to “run the machine”! Type I diabetics do not produce insulin which is why they need to inject it; Type II diabetes is characterized by an insulin resistance
- Melatonin – a powerful brain-protecting antioxidant, & facilitator of deep restorative sleep.
- Vitamin D – most people don’t realize that Vitamin D is a hormone! Instead of listing its many benefits, a quicker explanation might simply be to ask the question: ‘what DOESN’T Vitamin D do?!’ It interacts with your genes in over 3000 different ways, powerfully mediating immunity, health, mood, metabolism, and so much more.
Restore Balance & Optimize Health & Happiness
If you’ve noticed that you just don’t feel like yourself if you’re finding the weight hard to shift, you’re tired all the time, or your hair is thinning and you feel like your performance in the bedroom just isn’t what it was, then you could well be experiencing a hormonal imbalance. We can rapidly help you rectify, reverse & restore those effects by rebalancing hormones in a safe, clinically tested, progressive & convenient way.
Contact us today and we can help you return to the optimized energy levels, health, happiness, and that great feeling of just being yourself again, without anything holding you back!
You can not fix a problem you don’t understand. Advanced diagnostics is often necessary to get at the root cause. Once the root cause is identified, the solution becomes possible.
Don’t Know Where to Start?
The Studio Team is here to serve you.