PROSTATE TREATMENT PROTOCOL“The human body has a remarkable ability to heal itself. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) allows us to concentrate your body’s own regenerative power & turn it into an advanced, effective natural treatment for cellular rejuvenation” -Dr. Lisbeth Roy
What is Chronic Prostatitis?
Prostatitis is a condition whereby inflammation or swelling of the prostate gland (the gland that sits below the bladder) occurs (N.B., the prostate gland makes fluid that mixes with sperm to form semen). When symptoms start gradually, then linger for more than a couple of weeks, the condition is referred to as chronic prostatitis.
What Are the Symptoms of Chronic Prostatitis?
Typical symptoms include a burning sensation during or after urination, difficulty in urinating, dribbling after urination has ended, a frequent (often urgent) need to urinate, and a sensation that the bladder has never been completely emptied.
There are three main kinds of prostatitis:
- Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis (caused by a bacterial infection, where the prostate becomes inflamed and white blood cells are found in the urine).
- Inflammatory Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (prostatitis, but no bacteria present, often with white blood cells present in urine, and often accompanied by a low-grade infection).
- Prostadynia (where prostatitis symptoms are present, but no infection & inflammation can be observed, possibly a result of pressure in the urinary tract, irritation caused by an autoimmune or chemical process, or pain in pelvic nerves &/or muscles).
It is estimated that around 200, 000 American men suffer from prostatitis every year.
How Is It Diagnosed?
At the Doctors Studio, we undertake a comprehensive physical exam to identify & isolate any biomechanical, musculoskeletal, or structural issues (especially in the pelvic area) that might be contributing to the symptoms that you are experiencing. In addition to the use of a digital rectal exam, the Doctors Studio also utilizes a sophisticated range of clinically tested, progressive, next-gen methods of pathogen identification that can aid us effectively in identifying the presence of any possible pathogens (e.g., bacteria, yeast, virus & even parasites), that might be contributing to inflammation or infection.
How Is It Treated?
The Doctors Studio utilizes a process of prostatic fluid genomic testing to create a highly customized cocktail of anti-infection medication. Injected directly into the perineal area, this injection directly targets the localized site of inflammation, pain &/or infection. The Doctors Studio also uses ozone therapy as a treatment to tackle the inflammation often seen in sufferers of chronic prostatitis, killing the pathogens that contribute to the condition, and stimulating the healthy regeneration of prostate tissue. Ultrasound is utilized to maximize the efficacy of the treatment.
Can This Be Used in Conjunction with Other Treatments?
Yes. The Doctors Studio also uses Low-Intensity Shockwave Lithotripsy (LI-SWL), or GAINSwave. LI-SWL has been clinically proven to act as an effective intervention for chronic pelvic pain and other related conditions, using shockwave (longitudinal acoustic wave) therapy to increase blood flow and induce neovascularization in the prostatic area. GAINSwave targets the rejuvenation of damaged ligaments & improves the structural health of the pelvis, which also makes it a positive adjunct treatment for chronic prostatitis alongside injections. A safe & non-invasive therapy, GAINSwave works by improving blood flow to the penis using a high-frequency, low-intensity acoustic wave, dissolving vascular plaque build-up, and promoting nerve & blood vessel growth. GAINSwave also triggers the release of nitric oxide, which encourages healing.
Other modern treatment, such as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP treatments, such as the P-Shot) may also be utilized alongside injections and the Doctors Studio might additionally suggest some dietary changes to you, such as the removal of caffeine, carbonated drinks, alcohol, spicy & acidic foods, to maximize the impact of treatment.
How Does This Treatment Compare to Oral Medication?
Intra-prostatic injections such as these are often a superior choice for patients, as they bypass the potential longer-term complications that can arise from the long-term use of oral antibiotics (for example, the destruction of healthy bacteria in the gut). It is generally found that patients achieve optimized results when a combination of treatments is utilized.
What Can I Expect?
Typically, a patient can expect the following protocol:
- Advanced Diagnostic testing: A complete physical exam (blood & urine testing, next-generation genomic testing of EPS (Expressed Prostatic Secretions), and Musculoskeletal thermography (MSU).
- musculoskeletal Thermography (MSU) to identify musculoskeletal issues that might contribute to symptoms & determine the optimal sites for injection.
- The use of Li-SWL testing to understand more about a patients’ specific pelvic floor dysfunction, & to ascertain possible structural dysfunctions of the sacroiliac, lumbosacral, and hip joints.
- The use of Li-SWL to break up struvite stones from the bladder.
- TRIFECTA (IV ozone | UV Blood Irradiation (IUVBI) | IV Nutrients) 2 x per week for 4 weeks,
- Intra-prostatic injections of OZONE and anti-infectious agents, the utilization and dosage of which is determined by the use of an EPS genomic test (2 x per week for 4 weeks).
Whilst a number of treatments for chronic prostatitis exist, many simply focus on alleviating bladder wall irritation rather than addressing the root cause of the problem, and usually rely on the use of oral antibiotics. Failure to address a root cause of chronic prostatitis may lead to potential longer-term issues and might also increase the risk of destroying healthy gut bacteria (a common side-effect of the long-term use of antibiotics).
By engaging with our innovative, progressive & comprehensive treatment approach, we can help you get to the root of the problem, allowing you to recover as safely & as quickly as possible.
Don’t Know Where to Start?
The Studio Team is here to serve you.