Bloating and Abdominal Discomfort
Wondering Where Your Flat Stomach Went?
Do you work out hard & eat well, yet still have a bloated, distended stomach? Did you use to have flat abs and wonder where the heck they went? Bloating affects 1 in 10 of us on a frequent basis, can be uncomfortable and embarrassing & can often be accompanied by a range of other symptoms that can cause you serious unhappiness & inconvenience, such as gas, constipation, nausea, acid reflux, &/or heartburn. Whatever lies at the root of your bloating & abdominal discomfort, we can diagnose it, reverse any damage, & prevent it from ever happening again, giving you back your figure, your confidence & your health!
Causes of Bloating & Abdominal Discomfort
There are many possible causes of bloating and abdominal discomfort, many of which can be effectively treated with a healthy diet, supplements, exercise & lifestyle modifications. However, sometimes, other root causes that require medical intervention involve a trip to medical specialists who can help you get back on track. We specialize in performance & functional medicine, focusing on optimizing your health & wellness so that when we’ve diagnosed & treated the cause of your bloating & abdominal discomfort, we can make sure that it doesn’t return.
Possible causes include:
- Gas: Food intolerances, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), indigestion, eating too much too fast & poor nutritional choices can cause gas. A buildup of gas can cause painful distension of the stomach.
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO): Bacteria live in your stomach and intestines and when the balance of ‘good’ and ’bad’ bacteria falls out of line, it can lead to SIBO, which can also cause bloating, diarrhea, and poor nutrient absorption.
- Fluid Retention: If you retain too much fluid in your body, for example, because of a high salt diet, or if hormones shift significantly during pregnancy or menstruation, this can cause uncomfortable bloating. If you experience bloating that does not resolve itself relatively quickly, it’s important to speak to a doctor, as it could be a sign of something more serious, such as kidney failure or diabetes.
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome): IBS can cause a range of uncomfortable, sometimes painful & embarrassing symptoms, including bloating & abdominal discomfort, alongside diarrhea, constipation & gas.
- Infection: Infections such as Norovirus can go away on their own but can also become very serious so if your stomach discomfort and bloating don’t resolve relatively quickly, we recommend that you seek help.
- Poor Gut Health: Poor gut health, caused by a diet high in sugar, saturated and trans fats, and low in nutrients, can lead to an imbalance in gut bacteria, which can cause bloating & abdominal discomfort.
- Nutrient Imbalances: Nutrient imbalances can cause a range of digestive problems, including constipation (e.g., through a lack of fiber) that in turn causes bloating, gas, stomach distension & abdominal discomfort.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that affects some women and can lead to ongoing bloating & abdominal discomfort.
- Food intolerances or allergies: Around 32 million Americans have food intolerances that can damage the lining of the gut, cause malabsorption of nutrients, lead to bacterial imbalances in the intestine, and cause a range of digestive dysfunction. Food intolerances often begin in our early 20’s.
How Can The Doctors Studio Help Me?
As experienced functional medical specialists, we are able to rapidly test, treat & reverse any damage caused to your digestive system by whatever underlying issue has caused your bloating & abdominal discomfort. We have a range of next-gen, progressive, clinically-tested tests at our disposal, such as stool testing, gut microbiome testing, thermal imaging testing, epigenetic hair tests, nutrient evaluation, and many more. When we’ve dialed down to the root cause of your symptoms – which we will do rapidly & effectively – we will then prescribe a treatment program that is tailored to your exact, unique needs.
Treatments and therapies may include customized plant-based supplements, probiotic treatments, IV nutrients, lifestyle & nutrition plans, hormonal treatments, or one of our many other fantastic, clinically-based, progressive therapies.
The Doctors Studio Advantage
Rest assured that when you come to the Doctors Studio, you are always in safe hands. We are a medical practice that combines the best of medical care with progressive techniques to ensure that we optimize your health & wellness and leave you feeling better than you ever have done before! The bottom line is this: if you feel less than optimally well, it’s time to seek out treatment. If you feel bloated, with abdominal pain & other digestive dysfunctions, it’s going to get in the way of you living your best life & enjoying every day that opens up in front of you. Restore the feeling of control, predictability & comfort to your digestion & physical health with the Doctors Studio today and we look forward to bringing the joy back to your life again.
Don’t Know Where to Start?
The Studio Team is here to serve you.