BIOMARKERS: LAB TESTING
Your body is an incredible, complex & sophisticated machine.
Our goal is to help you optimize & enjoy every part of your body throughout the entire course of your lifespan, safeguarding longevity, happiness & performance – which is why we offer a comprehensive range of biomarker testing that together provide an excellent and progressive means of tracking your overall health & wellbeing.
Using biomarker data, the Doctors Studio can effectively test for the presence of anomalies that could signal dysfunction, inflammation, or disease at the earliest stage, or simply provide you with much-needed peace of mind. Biomarker tests can also play a vital role in the monitoring of your body’s physiological response to a specific therapy or treatment or offer a powerful adjunct screening tool to existing orthodox diagnostic tests. Some cancer cells, for example, release biomarkers into the blood or urine, which would allow the detection of cancer without the need for a (more invasive) tissue biopsy.
In short, an investment in biomarker testing is an investment in your health!
What are the Biomarkers?
What is a Biomarker, Exactly?
A biomarker is a biological substance that we use as an indicator of a biological state. At the Doctors Studio, our biomarker analysis covers over 200 individual markers, including lipids & lipoproteins, inflammatory, oxidative, immunological, autoimmune, endothelia, hormonal, and metabolic markers. Together, these biomarkers offer an excellent snapshot of your health & it is up to you whether you choose to engage with one biomarker test or an entire, comprehensive medical suite.
Your results are clinically analyzed in the context of your unique medical history & profile, allowing us to pinpoint and further investigate any anomalies which might indicate the presence or severity of the disease. In doing so, biomarker data paves the way for developing optimally effective, highly tailored testing & treatment programs that might otherwise not have been available to us.
Ultimately, understanding the relationship between measurable biological processes (your biomarkers) and the achievement of the best clinical outcomes for a patient remains vital in expanding our arsenal of treatments for all diseases, and in optimizing & safeguarding your personal health & happiness.
What Can I Expect?
The Doctors Studio combines standard laboratory testing and in-office testing (blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing, depending on the specific biomarker test used) to generate a comprehensive analysis of your personal biomarker profile.
The process involves taking a sample and performing specific biomarker analysis on that sample to identify the presence of any anomalies & dysfunctions that might require further therapeutic treatment.
Biomarker testing can provide you with valuable peace of mind about your health (perhaps if you have a family history of cardiovascular heart disease), to monitor treatment of an ongoing condition (e.g., diabetes) or to enable us to effectively monitor the efficacy of medical treatments that you might have recently embarked upon (e.g., drug-based medical prescriptions). Biomarker tests can be extremely specific and limited to one test (e.g., to identify possible mineral & vitamin deficiencies) or comprehensive (a full health screen).
What Kinds of Biomarkers do you Test For?
At the Doctors Studio, we offer the following tests:
- CARDIOVASCULAR: Testing for markers indicative of ACS (acute coronary syndrome) and cardiac ischemia.
- HORMONES: Sex hormone, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, DHEA, pregnenolone, insulin, thyroid, and HPA evaluation (pituitary, thyroid, ovaries, testes, adrenal)
- METABOLIC: Insulin sensitivity, carbohydrate intolerances, satiety signaling, fat storage
- GENETIC TESTING: Full medical genetic profile, epigenetics, methylation, platelets, clotting risk
- CANCER PREVENTION: Monitor markers, structure & function
- AUTOIMMUNE PROFILE: Thyroid, rheumatoid, mitochondria, general immunological profile
- NUTRIENT EVALUATION: Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids
- LIVER AND KIDNEY FUNCTION: blood proteins
- IRON STORAGE AND BINDING
- COMPREHENSIVE URINE ANALYSIS: Metabolic markers and pathogens
- STOOL TESTING: Parasite, bacterial overgrowth, fungus, microbiome
- FOOD ALLERGY AND SENSITIVITY TESTING: Potential source of systemic inflammation
The Power of Biomarker Testing
Interestingly, while the field of bio-individuality has been around for a long time, its’ recognition as a tool of healthcare management has only recently been acknowledged. At the Doctors Studio, our bio-individual approach offers you a powerful progressive, customized therapy that focuses exclusively on maximizing your wellness, optimizing your health, and safeguarding your quality of life.
Key BENEFITS of Biomarker Testing:
- A biomarker test can indicate the absence or presence of disease
- It identifies disease, pre-disease, and suboptimal states
- Testing provides an objective way of measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of treatment
- It identifies imbalances that can then be addressed effectively
- Testing provides a non-invasive way to obtain sensitive and accurate assessment data
- Biomarkers can change with lifestyle, supplements, medications, and other treatments, offering a means of tracking your response to specific lifestyle interventions, treatments, etc.
- It provides evidence for data-driven decision-making and a personalized medicine approach
Biomarkers: The Way Forward!
Biomarkers offer an excellent means of providing you with a comprehensive and accurate snapshot of your health & wellness. Contact us today to discover how biomarkers can help you!
Advanced healthcare diagnostics lead to advanced healthcare solutions.
Don’t Know Where to Start?
The Studio Team is here to serve you.